Image: Castle Romeo nuclear test conducted by the United States off Bikini Atoll in 1954 / US Department of Energy / Wikimedia Commons
1. Are we really 150 seconds from the end of the world? The Doomsday Clock is moved to two-and-a-half minutes to midnight - the second-closest to our theoretical annihilation it's ever been. It comes as former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev warns that it appears we're on the brink of World War III.
2. What's next for Helen Clark? The former PM says she's stepping down from her role as director of the UN Development Programme (UNDP) on 19 April.
3. Why would Russia reduce penalties for domestic abusers? The country is poised to reduce the punishment for domestic violence. First-time offenders can now be sentenced to community service instead of be sent to prison. Understandably, human rights groups around the world are outraged.
4. How amazing is Roxane Gay? The feminist author pulls her upcoming book How to Be Heard from Simon & Schuster after the publisher paid a US$250,000 advance for a book by infamous misogynist/white supremacist/transphobe/homophobe/alt-right troll Milo Yiannopoulos about "free speech."
5. What can we do to change stereotypes about women and intelligence? Study finds girls are less likely to think that women can be geniuses than boys.