Image: Eminem / Mika / Wikimedia Commons
1. Will National lose itself in the music of its 2014 ad campaign? Eminem’s case against the National Party gets underway at the Wellington High Court.
2. Why haven’t the Pike River families been shown all of the footage taken in the mine? Calls for transparency gain momentum after short video from inside the mine is made public.
3. Will fake news have an impact on the New Zealand election? Facebook briefs political parties as part of its crusade to stamp out false news on its platform.
4. Has selective advocacy for women’s rights contributed to Marine Le Pen’s success? The French presidential candidate has a complicated relationship with gender.
5. What will it take for Pākehā New Zealanders to make the effort to pronounce te reo properly? Proposed names for new Kapiti expressway flummox some locals.