Image: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / Beowulf Sheehan / PEN American Center / Flickr
1. When will the rain let up? Auckland and the North Island again pummeled by heavy rains and flooding as the "Tasman Tempest" returns.
2. What do you make of the controversy surrounding Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's comments about trans women? The author of We Should All Be Feminists is under fire for her comments about trans women. During an interview promoting her new book Dear Ijeawele Or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions, she said: “When people talk about, ‘Are trans women women?’ my feeling is trans women are trans women.”
3. How brave are the women of Poland? Women in the European nation are standing up to attempts by the far-right to take away their rights.
4. How awful is it that in 2017 a female judge would blame women for being raped? A female judge in the UK has been sparked controversy by telling women they were at greater risk of rape and sexual violence if they were drunk. Northumbria police and crime commissioner Dame Vera Baird has said the judge's comments are victim-blaming.
5. When will we stop idolising celebrities? A well-known Kiwi actor accused of multiple sex crimes has been named as former Shortland Street star Rene Naufahu. He has denied 14 counts of indecent assault and two charges of sexual violation between 2010 and 2013 against six women.