Image: Paris at night / Benh Lieu Song / Wikimedia Commons
1. What has happened in France? Hackers have leaked the emails of front-runner Emmanuel Macron just hours before the winner-take-all, runoff election between him and far-right candidate Marine Le Pen. While it remains unknown who hacked Macron's campaign, experts and security analysts say Russia is the likely culprit - and point to the timing and the fact the staunchly pro-Russian Le Pen was not hacked.
2. Can we talk about hazing in NZ schools? Three students have been expelled from a top Auckland school on accusations of physical assault over their alleged involvement in a hazing incident.
3. How awesome is Diane Rwigara? The Rwandan women's rights activist has announced she plans to run against incumbent Paul Kagame in August's presidential election.
4. Did the CIA really try to kill Kim Jong Un? North Korea has accused the US and South Korea of attempting to assassinate leader Kim Jong Un with a "bio-chemical substance." While the claims sound laughable, state media has released an unusually detailed account of the alleged plot.
5. How much more proof of Trump's misogyny and racism do we need? The Orange One has fired Angella Reid, the first female Chief Usher in US history and who also happens to be African-American.