Image: Tel Aviv City Hall illuminated in the colours of the British Union Jack in solidarity with the victims of the Manchester Arena attack / Oren Rozen / Wikimedia Commons
1. Now that ISIS has claimed responsibility for killing kids at a concert, what comes next? ISIS has claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing that killed at least 22 people - many of them teens and tweens - at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England. Queen Elizabeth II has called the attack "an act of barbarity."
2. Should Manus Island detainees be granted asylum in Aotearoa? Asylum seekers detained by Australia on Manus Island have written to Bill English to request asylum.
3. What's happening in the Philippines? Strongman leader Rodrigo Duterte has declared martial law on the southern island of Mindanao, where ISIS-affiliated militants have been fighting the government.
4. How did typhoid come to Palmerston North? One child is being treated in hospital for typhoid, while another has tested positive.
5. Can we talk about Indonesia's horrific record of violence against LGBTQ+ people? Two men were caned 83 times for allegedly having sex with each other.