Image: The Auckland Star front page from 26 December, 1953 / Archives New Zealand / Wikimedia Commons
1. Can we talk about threats to press freedom in Aotearoa? New Zealand's ranking has tumbled - from fifth in 2016 to 13th in 2017 - in the latest Reporters Without Borders World Press Freedom Index.
2. Can laughing at Trump really get you convicted? It just has for Desiree Fairooz, who has been convicted on two charges of disorderly conduct and parading or demonstrating on Capitol grounds after she laughed during the confirmation hearing for the Orange One's Attorney General pick, Jeff Sessions.
3. What's next for Prince Philip? The partner of Queen Elizabeth II will retire from public life later this year.
4. Can we talk about the lack of women on Wall Street? A new report says women manage just 1.1 per cent of an estimated $71 trillion.
5. How awesome is Kate Brown? The governor of the US state of Oregon - who is also the first openly LGBTQ+ governor in US history - is speaking up about how more women need to run for office in the face of the Orange One's election and rising intolerance.