Image: Mount Taranaki / russellstreet / Wikimedia Commons
1. What will the future of media in Aotearoa look like? The Commerce Commission has declined the proposed merger of NZME and Fairfax.
2. Is taking photos in the buff atop a sacred mountain disrespectful? A Playboy model is under fire for posing nude atop Mount Taranaki. Māori academic Dennis Ngawhare says her photos disrespect the mountain.
3. Is Ivanka completely tone-deaf? Her new book is being slammed for exploiting and cheapening feminism while being a way to cash in on her father's presidency. And those are some of the nicer reviews.
4. Is there some way we can make Hillary the US president? Her advice certainly makes much more sense than the current administration. Like her views on solving problems like the North Korean crisis: "Negotiations are critical. But they have to be part of a broader strategy, not just thrown off on a tweet some morning that, 'Hey, let's get together, you know, see if we can't get along and maybe we can, you know, come up with some sort of idea.' That doesn't work."
5. Are you ready for the new YouTube? The site is getting a major redesign.