Image: A German Bundeswehr soldier in Bergen, Germany / Capt. Xeriqua Garfinkel, US Army Reserve / Wikimedia Commons
1. Making companies reveal the diversity of their boards is at least a start, right? From October 1, NZX-listed companies will have to have a comprehensive diversity policy.
2. Will she change her tune when some serious utu comes her way? The Playboy model who disrespected Mount Taranaki by taking nude photos on it without first consulting with local iwi and tangata whenua is defending her actions, claiming that "Māori are not indigenous."
3. Why aren't more places in Aotearoa bilingual? Wairoa could soon become one of Aotearoa's first bilingual communities after the district council voted to implement the Te Kaupapa Here mo Te Reo Maori ke Te Kaunihera o Te Wairoa (the Wairoa District Council Te Reo Maori policy).
4. When will the world pay more attention to what is happening in Venezuela? More people have died in protests against the government as the South American country's severe economic crisis deepens.
5. Can we talk about far-right extremism in military culture? Germany's military is embroiled in its worst crisis in years after a bombshell investigation has revealed a culture of far-right extremism, including soldiers openly displaying Nazi memorabilia in their barracks - which is illegal in Germany.