Image: Christchurch's Port Hills on fire / schwede66 / Wikimedia Commons
1. Should New Zealand accept Australia's offer to help fight the fires in the Port Hills? Fires in the Port hills near Christchurch continue to rage, threatening more homes and leading to more evacuations. The Australian government has offered to send firefighters and firefighting equipment to help battle the blazes.
2. Will we learn why Kim Jong Un had his half-brother killed? A female suspect has been arrested in connection with the assassination of the North Korean leader's half-brother, Kim Jong Nam.
3. Is this the smoking gun to end Trump's presidency? The New York Times is reporting that members of the Orange One's presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election. Citing intelligence sources, phone records and intercepted calls, the report raises further questions about how close the Orange One is to the Russian government.
4. What does the Cadbury factory closure mean for Dunedin? Mondelez International, the owner of Cadbury, says it will be closing the iconic Cadbury factory in Dunedin. About 350 jobs could be lost.
5. Could the US be about to invade Syria? The Pentagon is reportedly considering sending ground troops into the Middle East nation.